OSS Program Changes in 2018
The Standardbred Improvement Program (SIP) contribution to Gold purses with multiple divisions remains at $180K. However, due to a higher than normal percentage of yearling pacers nominated in 2017, if 2-year-old pacing events require 4 divisions or more, funds are available for the SIP contribution to be increased to $200K for up to 2 events for colts and 2 events for fillies.
- Also due to the higher than normal percentage of pacers, the maximum SIP contribution for Grassroots events will be:
2-year-old pacing events - $112K (7 divisions)
3-year-old pacing events - $80K (5 divisions)
All trotting events - $48K (3 divisions)
- The Grassroots Series will now consist of 5 events for each age, sex and gait as the Grassroots Semi-Finals have been reinstated with a purse of $20,000 per division
- 2-year-old sustaining fees have been increased from $500 to $600
- 3-year-old sustaining fees have been increased from $700 to $800
- Due to a funding decrease of approximately $2.5M, the $2M Owners' Bonus that was in place for 2018 has been discontinued. This was necessary in order for purses to remain as high as possible.