Notices & UpdatesCanadian Registration Requirements for OSS Nominated Horses Changed
Standardbred Ontario Sires Stakes (OSS) rules require that a yearling must be registered with either Standardbred Canada or the United States Trotting Association (USTA) at the time of nomination.
In addition to having all fees paid and paperwork submitted, Canadian registration through Standardbred
The Ontario Racing Commission (ORC) has been notified that due to a number of factors in
Consequently, the ORC has made the following decisions with respect to the conditions surrounding the Ontario Sires Stakes Program:
Please note, the process of updating the system for the yearlings received to date is just beginning, and should be completed by early next week. The OSS Administration encourages you to recheck the Participants/Nominated section of this site regularly, as yearlings will be added as they are finalized.
For further information, please contact:
2013 Yearling Nomination Form
Corresponding owners of yearlings eligible to be nominated to the Ontario Sires Stakes should be aware that yearling nomination forms were mailed on April 15th according to the information in the Standardbred Canada computer system at that time.
If you are the corresponding officer of an eligible yearling and have not yet received a nomination form, you can now download the form from the website - links appear below.
Owners are reminded that their yearlings must be registered at the time of nomination (May 15, 2013). If you did not receive a nomination form OR if the name of your yearling did not appear on the form along with the breeding information, you are encouraged to check with Standardbred Canada (email@example.com) , the OSS Administration office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the USTA to verify that your yearling is in fact registered or to find out what needs to be completed before the May 15 deadline.
The $100 nomination fee for
The OSS Administration recommends that payments be sent by Registered mail so the sender has proof of mailing.
All cheques should be made payable and mailed to:
View or print the Yearling Nomination Conditions and Form
2013 OSS Schedule Released
The 2013 Ontario Sires Stakes (OSS) schedule is now available and is posted under the Schedule and Results Section. A printable version can be accessed by clicking here. or more information please contact:
or more information please contact:
2013 Ontario Sires Stakes Program Details Released
April 23, 2013
The details of the 2013 Standardbred Ontario Sires Stakes (OSS) were announced today by the Program Administrator of the Horse Improvement Program. Following extensive work by industry groups, the
· The 2013 Gold Series will culminate in the crowning of the best Ontario Sired horses with the $200K Gold Super Finals in late September
· The new season format is comprised of 2 legs, leading to a Mid-Season Challenge, followed by another 2 legs leading to the Super Finals
· The total purse for each leg is set at $210K, with a cap of $150K per division
· The new Mid-Season Challenge will have a purse of $150K for the top 10 point earners in the first two legs. A $50,000 Consolation will also be offered for the next 10 point earners
· Points for the Gold Super Finals will be accumulated throughout the season
· Grassroots regular season events have been maintained at 6 legs for each category of age/sex/gait, culminating in the Grassroots Championships in late September
· Starting fees have been reduced to $300
· The total purse for each Grassroots event will be $90K, with a cap of $18K per division
· The top 10 point earners throughout the season will compete in the Grassroots Championships
· Grassroots Semi-Finals have been eliminated
· Purses for the Grassroots Championships are set at $50K
With the issuance of the 2013 race date calendar by the Ontario Racing Commission, the administration is currently working on completion of the 2013
The Program Administrator wishes to thank the Working Group and the Standardbred Improvement Program Advisory Group, for their thoughts and advice in helping to form the 2013 season.
For further details, see General Information section of this website or contact
OSS Race Videos Available on the OSS Website
Click here for details
Overnight Conditions for Ontario Sired Horses
Horsemen looking for overnight races for their Ontario sired horses at any track in Ontario can now access this information on the Standardbred Canada website.
OSS Mailing Address
Please note the address and phone numbers for the Ontario Sires Stakes: